Tri-tip is prized for its rich, savory flavor and melt-in-your mouth smoothness. The tangy marinade also works well with chicken and pork. Season, roast and slice thin for a tasty dish!
- One 3-4lb. Blue Ribbon Angus Beef tri-tip roast
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and place in a container or plastic bag with tri tip to marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Turn meat in marinade occasionally.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove meat from marinade and sear in a heavy skillet or casserole with 2 tbsp. oil browning lightly and evenly. Place roast in preheated oven and roast for 30-40 minutes turning roast over once or twice during cooking time. Remove from oven when an instant read thermometer reads 120-125 degrees F. Let rest, loosely tented with foil, for 10-15 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
Serves 4-6 people.
Stewed Yellow Squash, Lima Beans & Tomato with Crumbled Feta Cheese and Dill
- 4 yellow squash, washed, sliced 1″ thick rounds then in half or quarters
- 1 10oz. pkg. frozen baby lima beans
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced finely
- kosher salt & fresh milled black pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed sauté pan and brown garlic lightly. Add yellow squash and sauté until becoming slightly tender 1-2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and lima beans, bring to a simmer. Just as lima beans are becoming cooked, about 5 minutes, raise heat to high, stir in butter and dill and season salt and pepper to taste. Reduce tomato juice down to a syrup consistency that nicely coats the vegetables. Remove from heat, place in a serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and scallion.