Cut from the short loin, strip steaks are known for their flavorful marbling and extra tenderness — perfect for the grill. Make yours extra-memorable by serving with Green Goddess Butter.
- Four 12-14oz. boneless Blue Ribbon Angus Beef strip steaks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Preheat grill. Season steaks generously with kosher salt and let stand for 10-15 minutes. Brush steaks with olive oil and place on grill. After 2 minutes turn steaks 90 degrees to obtain hatch marks. After another 2 minutes turn steaks over and repeat same procedure for a total cook time of approximately 4-6 minutes. Check with an instant read thermometer for a temperature of 120°-125° degrees Fahrenheit for Medium-Rare. Top with Green Goddess Butter.
Green Goddess Butter
- 1 cup soft butter, unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced green onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1tsp. ea. fresh lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- pinch kosher salt
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Chill or hold at room temperature if using right away.
Beefsteak Tomato, Red Onion & Avocado Salad
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced 1/8″ thick lengthwise
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and quartered
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, put thru press or mashed
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- kosher salt, fresh black pepper to taste
- Crumbled Feta or Blue Cheese (optional)
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed, leaves separated
In a bowl combine the shallots, garlic, vinegar, olive oil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange sliced tomatoes and onions on a platter or individually portioned onto plates on top of butter lettuce. Slice avocado quarters and arrange on top of tomatoes and onions. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Top with crumbled cheese if desired.
Serves 4 people.